Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Return to Normalcy

Regular life has resumed.  Phew.  So, let's recap:
Saturday night before Thanksgiving- my parents arrive from Georgia just in time to catch the BYU game.  We'll leave it at that. Okay, well I'll add awesome for the Mountain West to have three teams in the top 20.  I will not comment on the order.  Sadness.
Sunday-Primary Program.  Perfectly wonderful.  Added bonus: Grandma and Grandpa present to watch Ryder perfectly recite his line, "I can help my family by setting the table."  Perfection capped off by Ryder falling off his chair at the end of the closing song.  Hello hilarity.  He obviously gets that from his mother.
Tuesday night- little sister Amanda flies in from BYU and little brother Grant flies in from Georgia.  The festivities may begin.
Wednesday- bake until my little heart's content.  And hot dang, my pumpkin cheesecake was divine.  
Thursday- Completely fabulous food surrounded by fantastic company.  Sweet and dreamy Thanksgiving.  This is the only picture shot throughout duration of trip.  Shameful.
Friday-  Awake at 3am for some serious shopping with mother and sister.  An additional 30% off everything at Saks.  What.  Happy Birthday to me.  Complete first shopping excursion at 10am.  Come home, eat, sleep, shower.  Return to shopping at 1 pm.  Arrive home at 6 pm.  Handsome hubster takes me to Benihana to celebrate the fabulousness of me turning 27.  
Saturday- say goodbyes to all.  Thank you for the wonderful time had.  It is now Tuesday and still Linley is asking every morning, "Where is Amanda? Where is Grant?  Where is Grandma and Grandpa?"  Where is the muzzle I ask.  
Sunday: Put up ghetto Christmas tree and decorate house.
Monday:  Allen's last day off.  Put up doors.  Go to BJs.  Go to bed early.
That leaves us with today.  The return to normalcy. Which means, I have really got to go do some laundry.
Looking back on the week conclusion:  I have a pretty dang fabulous life full of some pretty amazing people.

5 comments:

eric and girls said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and what a bonus to have your birthday on Friday. It makes shopping that much more fun and not feeling guilty about what you buy.

CorayFam said...

WOW..what a fun week!! I am glad you got to be with your family. Does this mean that you are going to Cali for Christmas? I want to see a picture of your ghetto tree!! Your family is DARLING!! I can't believe how big your kiddos are.

Mistie said...

Happy Bday. You are still a young old chap. so happy your fam could come to you this year! Still remember our little thanksgiving a couple years back...oh, the memories.

Amy said...

What a great Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you got to spend it with people you like---that makes everything that much better :)

Karly said...

Many beautiful blond ladies around the table. Including your LONG hair... big change. I don't think I know anyone who can chagne their hair style so quickly. Fun!

Karly