Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Perish the Thought

Yesterday was a gross, nasty, ugly day. Rain was pouring in buckets and the wind was intense. So intense that when we walked out of the doctor's office and onto the wide open parking lot, Linley was knocked backward straight onto her buns by it's brute force; something I had never seen before, but would love to see again. And so, there we were, Linley on the ground sobbing hysterically, me unabashedly laughing hysterically, and Tessa, Linley and I getting soaked to the bone. It was then that I decided we would all go home, put on our pjs, watch movies and eat cinnamon rolls for dinner. All of which we did. Don't judge me. We'll have double veggies tonight, okay?
Fast forward to today. I promised the kids that if they took naps, they could have a cinnamon roll when they awoke. The kids hurried to bed and fell asleep in record time. And yes, Ryder does still take naps on occasion. And all of those occasions occur when bribery by food is involved. Ryder got up and groggily asked for his cinnamon roll. I obliged. Linley was next to get up. She was less groggy and far more demanding, insisting I get her a cinnamon roll and hot milk "right now."
As a side note, Linley loves milk. A lot. As in, she would drink a gallon a day if she didn't have an awful mother restricting her intake. Thing is, she will only drink her milk hot. Who drinks hot milk? I really thought she would be over this by now, but she's nowhere close. Side note ended.
As I am putting her roll in the microwave, I tell Linley she may choose a cinnamon roll or hot milk. Her reply without hesitation, "Then I choose hot milk. I'll have my cinnamon roll another day."
So this girl that looks like she could be my twin is not mine. Not even close. Where did she come from?

On a completely unrelated note:
Tess is teething. On me. While nursing. I screamed today. Loudly. She freaked out, and then cried, loudly. I figured she got the point. Then she immediately bit me again. Because I needed to be punished for scaring her????


5 comments:

hoLLy said...

i just love reading your stories erica:) they always put a smile on my face. especially stories that involve you laughing at your kids falling on the ground. love it. good stuff. keep it coming.

Amy said...

Hilarious...aren't girls so much more emotional?! - Linley waking up demanding her cinnamon roll "right now". Sounds like my house. Tyler wakes up happier and easier to deal with than Maya, oh my those girls. :) And Cinnamon rolls for dinner, sounds great to me. :)

Amy said...

I laughed at your unabashed laughing. Oh man, moments like that are hysterical. Also, I've been feeling like cinnamon rolls lately. Maybe I should hang out at your house.

Kristin said...

If it makes you feel better, it has been rainy and really cold here too. Maybe not quite as cold, but still cold!!!

You are an awesome Mom. What great memories to look back on--pjs, cinnamon rolls and movies! Could life get any better?!!

Oh, and I switched my blog back. Too much effort to email everyone. (:

Maile said...

Linley and Asher are peas in a pod. He will totally go for milk over sweets. I don't know where he comes from, either.