Saturday, June 23, 2012

So Long, Second Grade

Ryder became such a big boy this year. 
He is still incredibly excitable, easily boreable, and fidgetingly tactile (I made that F word up.  Because I am smart).
But he is also compassionate, understanding, and so wonderfully helpful. I have completely enjoyed having him as my sidekick and go-to boy.  Watching him grow is a true pleasure.
 It goes without saying that the kid is still a freaking, mind-blowingly enviable genius.  Which he surely gets from his mother (see F word above, obviously).
With his rad-will-still-be-talking-about-far-into-adulthood teacher, Mrs. Hammond. She is amazing.
 Tess participating in Ryder's last day of school festivities.  She is in deep concentration here, not anger.  Directions on how to win candy were being given.  Full attention was necessary.
 My intense little boy.   This just about sums the kid up.
Holy mother I have a third grader.  I should probably go drown in some Botox.


1 comment:

Ashli said...

You crack me up! Ryder is a pretty darn nifty kid.