Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was beautifully busy and busily beautiful.  
We began with the blessing of Eden Rose.  Allen and I were completely charmed by the outpouring of love and support that was flowing for our baby girl on her special day.  Every single member of my family was present as well as Allen's sister, her husband and their sweet little girl.  It was a monumental moment when Eden was held in her father's arms and encircled by the Priesthood as she was given a name and a blessing.  I could feel the power that united those men and I am certain at that precise instant Eden had never been more safe or protected.  Completely cherishable.
My parents have perfected the art of gifting memories; this year in the form of a humongous bounce house. It expertly entertained the cousins of all ages while allowing the adults to interact on a more human decibel.  Genius.  
Elation in it's purest form.
The night concluded with a hearty meal, matching jammies, spreading of reindeer food, a serene reading of the Christmas story, and slumbering sweetly so Santa could come perform his annual duties.
That's a whole lot to Love.

1 comment:

Sarah Weiss said...

Those pjs are so cute. I love that all the cousins are wearing the same thing. I may have to copy cat next year!