Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Eden at Eight Months


  Lately I have found myself caught in a constant tug-of-war with time.
 Part of me is begging time to hurry by.  To bring the end of school and the start of summer. To trade the hurried mornings and bustling afternoons for lazy days spent soaking in sunshine.
 But then there is a part of me desperate for the seconds to stop disappearing.  To freeze Eden burrowing her sweet smelling head into my shoulders. To capture that sparkle in those crystal blue eyes every time she sees my face and never let it fade.  To always let peek-a-boo incite instant giggling.
 Time is a mighty fickle thing.
Eden is moving fast-forward (she eats like a 12 year old, sprouted her second tooth, has begun to explore the options of mobility and is a completely schizophrenic sleeper), yet most days seem to be spent on pause.  
                                                        Such a strange creature, time is.

No comments: