Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

 September 4th marked a momentous occasion for these cute creatures.
The start of a new chapter.

 Not only was it the first day of school, but the first day of school in a different school, in a different town. My mommy powers assured me they were all a little apprehensive, but they refused to let me know.
Ryder and Linley are attending Thomas P. Hughes Elementary while Miss Tessa is a student at Mary Kay McMillin Primary.
The big Fourth grader.  He came home from his first day ecstatic, proclaiming, "I am so nice and mature this year!!"
Way to go kid.
 Lucky for Linley, this elementary school begins in 2nd grade, so everything was new to everyone in her class.  She came home proclaiming this school to be the best ever.
Let's keep it that way lady.
 And then there's the Pre-Ker.  The confident sassafrass.  She hated having to wait a few hours after dropping the kids off before she got to experience school herself.  She still hates having to wait.  Impatient little beast.
She came home her first day announcing, "we did NOT go to the gym, we did NOT go to the park, and we did NOT go to the library.  But I still had fun."
She didn't have high expectations or anything...
I suppose going to school in Berkeley Heights, and doing several after school extracurriculars in Berkeley Heights means we really are beginning our life in Berkeley Heights...we're just still living in Summit.  Commuting several times every day is pretty crappy, but the kids really are in love with the schools and I think the house will be done before I die, and we are all making fast friends, so we plug along.  Speaking of close friends, the gas station attendants and I are on a first name basis and I finally updated my playlists, so it's not all bad?!?

1 comment:

Sarah Weiss said...

Wow. That's no fun. Hopefully your house will be done soon. At least your kids look cute :-)