Monday, August 24, 2015

Italian Holiday: Capri

As soon as we finished hiking, we drove to Sorrento, parked the car, and hopped on a ferry to Capri.
Capri is the fancy pants of the Amalfi coast.  
And I really happen to like the way fancy pants fit.
She is shiny, and sparkly, and of serious celebrity status.
Our night spent in Capri may have been my very favorite. 
It just felt twinkly.  Like the lights.  Only sprinkled with a hefty dose of fairy dust.
Extra highlight: BEST. MEAL. of our entire trip was had here.
The very most amazing heart-pounding soul-satisfying delicious best.
So good, I feel it is my duty to go back.
The next morning we woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
Because, I promise, the sun simply shines brighter in Capri.
We visited some lovely gardens.  Because that seemed like an appropriately chic thing to do.
And then, we shopped.
I left a little piece of my heart in Capri.  And I'll happily go back to find it.

With that climactic close, we got back on the ferry, picked up the car, and headed to our final destination: ROME.
With a quick detour to the temple in progress.
She's going to be a stunner.

No comments: