Friday, December 9, 2016

Sending off Summer: Newport Day Three

It rained buckets this day.  So, we went exploring.
Through the Vanderbilt's expansive, ridiculous, ornate, gorgeous, and 18 million other resplendent adjectives home.
 Meet: The Breakers.
We did a walking audio tour.  
There was also a separate tour just for the kids.  
It was basically the perfect rainy day activity.
So long as coveting is considered an acceptable offense.
 I'm pretty sure I would really thrive living here.
 Watching the waves break in the backyard.  
The backyard.
 There was a pause in the storms, so we hurried over to roam The Castle Hill Lighthouse.
 Because my lighthouse obsession will not cease.
 If I can't have The Breakers, can't I at least have a lighthouse???
Such a splendid little way to spend our last summer days.
Dear Newport, 
We were impressed.

No comments: