Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ramblings by Me

I am a fairly crappy blogger these days.  Guess my life is uneventful.  Which is a happy thing.  
I would like to briefly comment on all the junk going on in California.  
I think it is interesting that the very people preaching love and tolerance are completely incapable of implementing such tenets when the tables are turned.  What these protestors are doing is vile and disgusting and makes me even prouder to be a Mormon  for Prop 8.  So thank you.  Also, thank you hypocrites for bringing our church to the forefront.  Because of you, we have more friends than ever (maybe an exaggeration, but how awesome is it that so many different religions and sects are speaking out in favor and in behalf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints???).  Thank you for giving us so much credit, even though there are only 750-800,000 Mormons in California, and of that, probably only 200-250,000 are registered voters.  Thank you for believing that even with our small numbers, we were able to make such an impact so as to compel over 5.5 million people to favor Prop 8.  We really are that awesome, and it is time someone give us some credit.  
Have fun destroying our temple gates.  Enjoy spraypainting doors to homes and cars.  You have very clearly and effectively illustrated to me what a bigot looks and sounds like.  Makes me happy to know I am not one.

5 comments:

Amy said...

There is a family in my friend's ward in San Jose that got their garage door spray painted "NO ON 8". Nice. That is really going to make me vote that way.

I love this post by the way. It is absolutely dripping with the sarcasm I wish I could employ with all my classmates, clinical peers, and San Francisco in general.

Sarah Weiss said...

I love that you express your opinion. It makes me feel a lot better about getting political on my blog (I had a lot of postings in my head, but didn't post them :-)

P.S. I totally agree.

Tracy said...

I could not agree more

Audrey said...

Boy oh boy, I am so sick of the idea that by a democratic process these people don't pass their idea of what marriage should be and there is a total and completely undemocratic response by them. You know McCain didn't win, I don't see his supporters rioting in the streets and spray painting Democrats' houses. How long will this go on?

hoLLy said...

you are awesome. period.