Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On My Knees

Dear March-
I have a huge favor to ask.  Could you please come sooner?  You see, February just isn't working for me.  Let me expound.  Today:
It is snowing 18 billion inches outside
I am on my 6th load of laundry....two of which have included peed on bedding by both of my children
I have wiped far too many poopy bums today
I have removed poopy from a place other than a toilet or a bum
I scrubbed my walls down to remove the layers of grimy fingerprints
Some of the grimy fingerprints did not wash, so I re-painted
I tried to fix Linley's blinds, and in so doing, sliced my thumb nearly off.  I really need stitches, but who has time for that?
Linley refused to nap, for a second day in a row.  She is way too grumpy of a girl right now.
I have heartburn and am fresh out of Tums, but can't run to the store because that is way to huge of an ordeal with the children in the snow and the friendly Peapod man is suppose to be delivering me my groceries shortly.
I forgot to buy ice cream.
I will stop.  I am not complaining.  I love my life.  But I would love my life even more in March. When I get to go to Mexico.  With the hubs.  And without the children.  To be pampered, and bask in the sun, and swim in the crystal blue waters, and eat decadent and succulent meals until my heart and tummy are content.  I need these things.  Right now!  And mostly, I need to be able to miss my children.
Please take my plea into consideration.
Sincerely,
The Zookeeper

9 comments:

eric and girls said...

I am with you PLEASE skip February. I have my own reasons too but mostly that's when I am having my baby. I have a new bottle of Tums I would glady love to share with you.

Karly said...

Mexico! When and where are you going? Cruise? Fill me in... fun times. I always thought February in NJ was the worst month of the year... plan a Valentine's party... try to get through it.

Love, Karly

Amy said...

Aw, what a post. Do you have any superglue? You can glue your thumb skin back together with less scarring than stitches! Also, it sounds like you need a day sitting on the couch watching romantic comedies surrounded by Doritos and chocolate. :)

amanda. said...

youre going to mexico?

i hate you.

Shannon Adams said...

I love reading your writing- I can hear you speak. How fun. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Glad I'm on the same level as Amy now. Ha ha, Amy!!!

Naomi said...

I'm right there with you hon, BOOOOOOO February! So jealous you are going to Mexico. Hope you have a great time!

hoLLy said...

at least you have mexico to look forward to! and march isn't far away. suck it up girl! :)

Kristin said...

Lucky Girl!! I am so excited for you to get some R&R in Mexico! And um, what I wouldn't give to look that good at 20 weeks! I am at 32 weeks right now and am wondering if I could get much bigger! Ha!
Wish I could send you a little Texas sunshine right now!! Hang int there.
Lots of love,
Kristin

Stubbart said...

Hey, guess where we are? NYC! We'd love to get together with you guys for lunch or dinner one day if you are free. Call us at 940-783-2136. Leave a message if we don't answer...if you aren't free then don't worry about. We'll be here until Monday.