Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Sweetness is Six Months

December 15th marked Tessa Jane's half-year-on-earth. She thinks it was the best six months of her life.
She has become little miss Rollie Pollie. She can not be trusted anywhere. If there is a corner to bonk into, she will. If there is a teensy tiny space to get wedged into, she will. If there is a ledge to fall from, she will. If there is a Christmas tree to roll under and remain concealed for five minutes while ten adults search for the magically missing baby, she will.
She will not, however, eat. We are continously working on that. Last night was a small success as she happily ate a few bites of banana. This is huge considering nearly every other bite previously has been spat in my face. Judging by the numminess of those cheeks, I am one dang good dairy.
And looksy looksy. Someone has sprouted two little munchers. Way too young if you ask me. This girl may be pounding a steak before she ever finishes a bottle of baby food.
My sweet, perfect, content, mellow, little girl, you are getting way too big for my taste. How about you stop time for me???

2 comments:

eric and girls said...

Why do our babies have to grow so fast? Mine is already 9 months. He also got his 2 top teeth for Christmas.

Maile said...

She is SOOOOO cute!! But every time I see pictures of her it freaks me out a little because I know Leila will be her age soon and I'm not ready for her to be growing up so quickly. And I definitely do not envy you the teeth.