Monday, October 4, 2010

Come Again???

Warning: Adult Language Below

A couple weeks ago the kids and I were walking Ryder to school. The following conversation ensued.
Ryder: "Mom. Wait up. Jackass is behind us."
Me: "Who?"
Ryder: "Jackass. He's my friend from school. He sits next to me."
Me: "What did you call him?"
Ryder: "Jackass. That's his name mom."
Me: "We don't call people that Ryder. It is not a nice name."
Ryder: "But that's what all my friends call him."
Me: "It doesn't matter. I don't want you calling him that. We don't say that word."
Ryder: "But even my teacher told us to call him Jackass."
Me: "Ryder. I highly doubt your teacher told you to call him that. I don't want you calling him that anymore."
Ryder: "But mom. His last name is Stephens. And there are two Jack's in our class. And we have to call him Jack S."
Me: "Oh. Okay."

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I totally chuckled all through that little conversation! How cute!

Tracy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it.

Mistie said...

LOL! and i can't stop!!!!!!!!

amanda. said...

hahahahahahhahahahahahah. best thing ever.

i miss you.

Kristin said...

I laughed out loud. Too funny. What a cute little man you have there.

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

That is hilarious. That teacher totally knows what she is doing!

Tara said...

Has he been hanging out with Evan?

jessica said...

This could be published in Reader's Digest. Super Funny!

Naomi said...

Oh my word, this is hilarious!