Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Little More Cheese Please

I didn't fall asleep until after 2 last night. Then I woke up at 6. I have a major sleep issue (her name is Tessa). But that is not the point of this post.
I was at least a little relieved when I got the call that school was cancelled today. I just wanted a couple extra hours of sleep. I deserved a couple extra hours of sleep.
Instead, Linley ran into my room screaming, "Mom, there's water everywhere."
Normally, I would allow myself to slowly get out of bed and gingerly work my way to assessing the situation. Because Linley is a drama queen. And can't be trusted. But, two weeks ago the main pipe in the house burst open. No really, open. As in, two pipes, ripped completely apart from one another. While the dishwasher and clothes washer were running. Thus, gushing water everywhere. Inches of it. And, robbing me of $1200. So, I am still a little sensitive to the words "water everywhere." But that is not the point of this post either.

I ran downstairs to see my wall forming boobies.
(and, I don't dust anything higher than my line of sight, obviously. You can judge me)
And my ceiling beam sobbing brown icy tears.
Resulting in a fun game of "how-do-we-keep-Tessa-from-carrying-dirty-bowls-of-water-all-over-the-house." (The answer, lock her and the other two children in their room upstairs).
Oh, and our driveway turned into an ice skating rink overnight. Bet you wish you were cool enough to have one of those.
I realize these pictures suck, but they were taken from inside my house. Because I refuse to step foot outside of this house. Because if it goes down, I am going down with it.
And, am I suppose to shovel that ice? Because that would most certainly end in death.
Cue Radiohead: I don't belong here.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your life is so eventful. The adventures you've had since getting into that house....ay ay ay. Good luck with the flood---that sucks.

Audrey said...

What happened now? Another pipe? Yikes!!!

Kim said...

That seriously sucks! I hope you can make it through the winter without anything else major happening. You definitely deserve a vacation!