Monday, April 25, 2011

The Easter Bunny Hops By

In an effort to keep Sunday super spiritual Jesus filled, the Easter Bunny comes to the Zimmerman abode on Saturday. It doesn't really work, but I feel better inside thinking I attempted righteousness.

The morning was spent clawing each other's eyes out peacefully gathering eggs hidden throughout the house.
Then promptly cracking open the eggs to discover their hidden gems of deliciousness.
Then rapidly stuffing as many of those gems into one's mouth as possible before mother can rush to stop you.
Once every egg had been found, it was time to dye eggs. Why??? I hate the practice. And every single stinky hard boiled egg is still sitting in my fridge. But, I feel like a failure of a mother if I don't. So we did.
Literally 30 seconds after this photo was snapped, Tessa was sent to bed screaming. Two minutes later, Linley spilled the red dye all over one of my fabric covered chairs.
Dyeing eggs is evil.

Grandma and Grandpa had to leave Sunday afternoon, so we had our big Easter feast Saturday as well. It was a day packed full of fun and food and family. And a fabulous red stain on one of my chairs.

No comments: