Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

We have squeezed every last drop of fun, energy and sweat from this three-day weekend of wonderfulness.
Our days have included summer's inaugural BBQ-ing, bubble-blowing, lawn mowing, car cleaning, super sale shopping, pancake devouring, flesh burning, movie watching, pie eating, temple attending, and ward partying.
All wrapped in the arms of a fantastically muggy 90+ degrees.
This year the ward's annual Memorial Day Picnic was held at a most fabulous park in Basking Ridge. With a pavilion, and a pond, and geese, and a playground, and a baseball diamond, and a sand volleyball court and shade and sunshine. Something to ensure a plastered smile on every face present.
The temperatures were hot, the watermelon cold. and the company fantastic.
These are the reasons summer should never end.
Too bad Ryder still has a month of school left. I will never forgive the Northeast for robbing my children, and thus myself, of a month of summer every year.
And I am obviously fully obsessed with Instagram. I even brought my real camera, but still only used my iPhone. Is that shameful?

No comments: