Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet New Specs/Epic Mother Fail

A couple months ago, Ryder's school nurse called to inform me the dear boy had visited her that day. Three times. Complaining he couldn't see the chalkboard (well, dry erase board, but that sounds ridiculous). She gave him an eye test, and said he did poorly. Then she mentioned 4 other students from Ryder's class had visited her that day with similar complaints and outcomes. After school I inquired if anything interesting happened in class that day. He mentioned Matthew got new glasses and they were super cool. Obviously my child was faking.
Last month I took Ryder to his 7-year well check visit at the pediatrician's office. He tested 60-20 on his vision test. The exact same text he scored 20-20 on just one year prior. Probably my child was faking.
Last Sunday I scolded Ryder for not singing during the hymn. He told me he couldn't see the page numbers behind the Bishop. Maybe my child was faking.
Today it was raining. I figured I might as well take him to visit the friendly optometrist since we wouldn't be spending our afternoon at the pool. After 5 seconds the doctor proclaimed the dude did indeed need glasses. Definitely my child was not faking. Whoopsy.

1 comment:

Karly said...

Handsome glasses on a handsome boy!!! And I love what you are doing to your pictures... how are you doing that?

YOu are so kind to me. If I ever need a boost I am calling you! Thanks for keeping in touch. We miss you desperately! My wardrobe is lacking considerably... boy do we need another shopping spree!

Lots of love, Karly