Wednesday, August 17, 2011

With my California King in a Queen Bed


We just returned from a week of gallivanting in the Golden State. While the travel was tumultuous (read: twelve hours of torture), the stay was superb.
The kids were in grandma-and-grandpa-aunts-and-uncles-and-cousin-nirvana (and not the Kurt Cobain kind either). Allen and I were in a shopping/eating/playing coma. We all were enamored by the return of the mature and confident Uncle Alex from his mission in Brazil. It was perfect.
One of the highlights of every visit for me is the time spent with the Great Grandmas. These ladies are adorable and amazing and awe-inspiring. I got to steal them for my own when I married that boy, and I count myself a pretty dang lucky girl for it.
We are already talking about next year's visit to the sunny state. Thank you everyone for your part in our fabulous and refreshing respite!!

1 comment:

Denzil and Brittany said...

looks like you guys had a blast in California. Your hair is so long and beautiful and blonde.