Sunday, September 9, 2012

So Long Sweet Summer

Thursday morning officially ended the beauty that was Summer Break.  We hobbled out of our beds with the sunshine, ate a hearty breakfast, calmed our luscious locks (or made them extra crazy if you're the boy), shouldered our heavy backpacks, and headed out the door at 8am.  
Daddy even stayed to spend the morning celebrating/mourning with us.
 My big first and third graders.  Featuring Ryder's 3rd shirt of the morning.  The first he got syrup all over.  The second he decided he didn't want to wear, because I picked it out.  And so, a t-shirt it was.  I am not fond of relinquishing control. But I lost.  Obviously.
Linley was super brave as she entered the "big kid" school (kindergartners go to a primary center then enter the elementary school in first grade).  Her big, experienced, brother was ultra supportive and helpful, which was adorable.  After meeting her super sweet teacher and finding a few friends in her class, she was all smiles and anxious to get rid of me.
 This boy could have done without me completely, but he still let me smooch his cheeks before he headed off to class.  Good boy.  He was ecstatic to be assigned one of the two male teachers in the "whole entire school."  His class is full of buddy's (trouble???) and he is convinced it will be the "best year ever!!!"  
Tess and I spent the day cleaning and eating and napping.  It felt a little luxurious.  Just she and I.  All day long.  By the time we needed to pick-up the two biggies, we were ready to embrace the happy chaos.  Which is a serene sort of sensation.
The kids came home bubbling with excitement over their days and the year to come.  A perfect start!
Here's to another fabulous year of learning, growing, maturing, and memory-making!!

4 comments:

Ashli said...

Control freaks make the best of friends. If only our children would learn that giving us all control would just make everyone involved happier?

Sarah Weiss said...

You make motherhood look so glamorous. Why am I'm over here barely keeping it together? Maybe I need to trade lives.

Karly said...

Great update!!! WOW!!! Moving to a home in Berkley Heights!!! Building!!!! BABY!!! Sounds like I need to call!

Lots of love, Karly

Ashli said...

Ryder's hair is a crack up!