Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Thankful Post

 Thanksgiving marked our one year anniversary in this home.  And if one may gracefully be grateful for material things, this roof that covers our heads so comfortably is at the tippy top of my list.
I am thankful for the people that share this roof with me.
Allen is the kind of good that makes me think maybe I won't qualify for Heaven.  Because if he's the bar by which I am measured, no pair of heels with boost me high enough.
Allen is the holy in this household.  And the muscle.  And the facial hair.
Ryder is the wit, the capable, the reliable, and the true.
And, he can put Eden to bed 50 times faster than me, so God bless you little boy.
Linley is the laughter.  She is the fun-loving, the sass and the drama. 
Tessa is the peace.  She is the joy, the love and the warmth.
Eden is the exclamation point.  She is the snuggle and the squish. 
I am thankful for this gospel.  A gospel that allows me to ask and seek and shrink and grow. A gospel that lets me know God and feel God. 
I am thankful for my parents.  Who see more good in me than I am.  Who believe in me more than I could.  And who are all the good and the belief I know.

 I am thankful for a family that is my best friend and best friends that are my family.  The people I surround myself are nothing short of whole. 
Life is pretty.
Pretty amazing.  Pretty lucky.  Pretty good. Pretty full.

No comments: