Monday, May 12, 2008

Sneak Peak

The past two months we have been working out butts off trying to finish the downstairs. Ripping down walls, building walls (with the help of my father), installing lighting, painting, jack-hammering out flooring, etc. It is still far from finished, but I am ready to show you a sneak peak at the fruits of our labors.

The room in its "natural" form.
Mid Project

Near Completion



Baseboards still need to be done, a little more ceiling work, new doors installed, and touch-ups everywhere (oh, and new furniture but that one will not be happening anytime soon), but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and loving it. The room is truly beautiful and so functional. Further proof of the hubsters total awesomeness.

10 comments:

Naomi said...

WOW! It's looking great. So did Allen get his wish for a level floor down there? Hmmm, I just might have to come and visit sometime to check it all out. It really is starting to look fabulous!

Maile said...

That room looks AWESOME!! I'd love to see it in person!

jessica said...

Wow! Great Job Yall! I can't wait to see the finished project!

Tara D. said...

What a difference! The room is looking fantastic. Good job all!

Amy said...

lets hear it for your *new* house! It is looking so great. I bet when all is said and done you're going to be so happy you guys redid it.

Audrey said...

That is looking splendid. I'm excited to see the finished project. When you're done, please pack up your tools and skills and come do some work for me!

hoLLy said...

wow! lookin good zimms! that first pic of allen is a riot. he looks like a mummified being.

Jenny said...

Looks great! You need to have a party when everythings done so we can all come over and be jealous!

Mistie said...

I am impressed. It looks great!!! Maybe one day i'll see it completed!! (if not, than at least i'll see the pictures!!). i love the colors you picked.

Sarah Weiss said...

It's amazing how much you guys have done on the house in less than a year. I brag about you to Damian, and now he's a little bit more motivated to get stuff done at our house. Thanks! I owe you one!