Monday, March 29, 2010

Dreamy Date Night

Most of our date nights consist of putting the kids to bed early, take out, a movie and treats. Relaxing, a little romantic, and easy.
Sometimes, however, we rock our date nights. Like on Friday. It all started when Allen surprised me tickets to Dashboard Confessional for Valentine's Day. I may have a little girl crush on Chris Carrabba and I have a big girl appreciation for their music. So basically, Allen is a stud.
I met the hubs in the city where we dined at Blue Fin in Times Square. Allen and I are both sushi lovers, but have been less than impressed with all the raw fish we have consumed while living on the East Coast. Until that night. Finally, we had sushi worth going back for!
Then we took some shots on the red stairs. Because Alicia Keyes and JayZ shot a music video there, because there were a billion people taking pictures there, because we are cool??

I know, somewhat disturbing angle there. Regardless, I am on the stairs. Freezing my butt off. Because it was like 40 degrees outside. And windy. And I may not have been dressed appropriately.

We are cuter when we aren't freezing. We use to be way cuter, regardless of the temperature. We ran into Starbucks to warm ourselves immediately after this picture. Because I am not tough, nor do I pretend to be.

So I suck at taking shots in the dark when people aren't holding still. I wasn't holding still either. Sorry.
The opener was the most torturous 30 minutes I have ever had to endure. But Dashboard was phenomenal. Rocked my socks off phenomenal.
I ended the night with two stale donuts at Penn Station. They were gross. But I ate every last bite. Making me gross.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Date night? What's that?! Seriously, I can't even remember the last time we did one of those. Looks like you had a great time! Too bad it was cold, it really needs to warm up!

Tracy said...

I love how long your hair is. I think this is the longest I have ever seen it!

amanda. said...

i watched their music video after reading your blog.

and then i cried.

please come to LA.

amanda. said...

oh yah. nice long hair. i dont like people who can grow hair. wanna trade?