Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Great Escape

Winter has epically sucked this year. We have had so many snow days, Ryder will be in school clear until July, which is a whole other bucket of suck. And thus, we escaped to the Poconos for another fun-filled, who-cares-that-there-is-a-foot-of-snow-outside, two-days of play at the Great Wolf Lodge. With friends. Which makes escaping and playing even more fun. Except that some of our friends that tried to escape got caught and had to stay. We missed you Ure's!!

This is Linley: far too good to to be bothered for a picture with her baby sister. Her eyes are screaming, "Seriously mom, can't I just go slide now??"


Tessa was a napless champ. That girl could not be more enjoyable. Well, unless she slept at night.



Going to waterslides when you are not 8 1/2 months pregnant is fun. Keep that in mind for future reference. So much fun that I was highly negligent in picture taking. Refer to last year's pictures to see my children on the slides. Thanks.


Lazying down the lazy river.

Let's talk about this shot which was a large learning experience for me. This is what I look like when I do not realize my picture is being taken and there is a fat man trying to get across on a lily pad. First, I have perfectly placed toes. This is odd (but maybe not so much since Brittany has perfectly placed toes as well). Second, I need to own  a tanning bed. Third, I should never, ever, ever make that laughing/straining/excited/highly constipated face. No wonder I have the crow's feet of an 80-year old. Sadly, this face is in 90% of the shots of me. Why has no one ever told me???

Booyah. I conquered that lily pad like I conquered my ice cream the night before.

My gal pal and I and that face.

I love that place. Our groupie group had 6 adults, 3 kids, a toddler, and 2 babies- and every single one of us were happy, and having fun, and making memories. Such a fabulous mini-cation. Thanks friends for playing with us!!!!
 

5 comments:

Mistie said...

i still remember our poconos trip. good times. your kids are seriously gorgeous! And your babes cheeks are to die for!

Naomi said...

Tessa is an absolute doll! Your bucket of suck comment cracked me up and I agree! When we were there my kids didn't even finish school until pretty much the last day of June. Honestly, what is that all about?! You are brave for getting your picture taken in your swimsuit! But then again your a HOTTIE and should strike a pose! :)

CorayFam said...

You look amazing! WOW!! You guys do such fun things together!! I miss you!!

Megan said...

Your kids look so cute. Tessa is so big, she needs to stop growing. I need her swimsuit in my size.
Every part of that lily pad picture of you is screaming Debra Wallace.

Karly said...

Looks like you are making the best of things! A wonderful personality trait of yours. I won't tell you the kind of winter we've had...

Loves to all!