Monday, December 6, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

#1: Thanksgiving. Obviously the best holiday of the year. A pretty table, an elaborate dinner, decadent desserts, and quality time spent with friends that are like family and family that are my very best friends.
Seriously, what's not to love?
We hosted Thanksgiving this year and were joined by 9 fabulous adults and 9 equally rad offsprings (which regardless of what spell-check is telling me, should most definitely be a word).

We may have been having too much fun gorging and gabbing to adequately capture the day in picture form. But trust me, we are a good-looking group that can manage to whip up some fantastically delicious eats.

#2: Black Friday
I will never understand fighting it out at Wal-Mart at 4 in the morning. Hello. Amazon???
Instead, I crawled out of bed at 1:45 am to meet up with my shopping sidekick (aka The Beautiful Bodacious Brittany) to hit up some serious shopping destinations. You know, the kind where I buy clothing for myself. Jersey Gardens was legitimately more packed than my last Black Friday foray two years prior, but Saks Off 5th came through for us. As usual. Seriously, was there ever a better store created??
We got home at 6:30 am. Completely delirious. I think I may have napped 86 times Friday.

#3: Decorating for Christmas
(the tree is not pink. I don't know how to take pictures)
The truth: having Christmas decorations all over my house kind of stresses me out. But, the actual act of decorating for Christmas, the scents of Christmas, the colors of Christmas, the sounds of Christmas, the giddiness of Christmas- that I love.
Black Friday Allen and the kids picked us a beauty of a tree (while Tess and I napped). My white light lit tree was outvoted. So, instead, we have one sparkly, bright circuslike tree. Which, (shh, don't tell Allen) I pretty much love.

#4: My birthday
That Sunday I celebrated 29 years of gracing this earth with my presence by being completely spoiled. I woke up to a most divine breakfast, was showered with gifts, and didn't have to lift a finger all day. How about we start celebrating my half birthday as well honey buns??? 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Love your dishes and setup. Adorable. Also, our trees are total twinners. Even have some of they same ornaments. We call it our disco tree. I also love it.

Audrey said...

I love to read your blog because of your silly and honest sense of humor. You are the friend I wish I had to make me laugh every day!