Sunday, December 19, 2010

On The Fourth Day of Christmas

We did our favorite annual Christmas event: Santa in Manhattan. I know I say this every year, but there is something so magical about Christmastime in the city. It's so festive and crowded, and perfectly enchanting.
Going through Santa's train at Macy's was my favorite part. Tessa was completely mesmerized by every detail. She oohed at every twinkle and touched every tinsel. Watching her breathe it all in perfectly captured Christmas.
The kids couldn't wait to tell Santa their desires. Sadly, Linley's desire was returned to Toys 'R Us just days before, and there is no way I am going back. Sadly, sometimes, Santa sucks.
Ryder and his twinner buddy. Unplanned, but not unfortunate.
The epitome of my life.
PS Peace signs are totally hot for 2010. Apparently.
The night was a warm 35 degrees (I am serious about the warm part. It has been so freaking miserably {below} freezing here. I should flock to Florida right about now), so we decided to walk the 16 blocks to Rockefeller. All looking at the camera and smiling: holla.
I really do love this night.
Even if I feel like I spend most of my time telling the kids to hold my hand or stop punching each other, I come home feeling like we had a perfectly charming little evening.


1 comment:

Mistie said...

i remember doing the Macey thing with you for Christmas! How many years ago was that? a lot, huh? I agree Christmas in Manhatten IS enchanting. So JEALOUS!!!
miss you guys...