Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Madness of March

Purging my iPhone:

 Ryder finished up his first season of basketball (#5).  He seemed to really enjoy it.  And scored at least one basket every game.  We'll deem that a success.
 The house has made very, very little progress.
But, still, the builder does just enough that I don't shoot him in the face.
 There were more days with snow on than ground than not.  
 This is inexcusable.
 Ryder's all-wise father introduced the kid to Rob Zombie.  He will now listen to nothing else.  
Which I find slightly creepy.  But apparently not creepy enough to actually do something about it.
 He also fell down the stairs on a Friday morning and emerged with a gnarly looking arm.  I sent him off to school anyway. 
 I had a busy day.
Then the school nurse said he had a gnarly looking arm, but I should wait a day to have it seen to ensure the gnarliness remained.
It still looked gnarly on Saturday so I took him to the pediatrician.  She said it looked pretty gnarly and he should get it x-rayed.  The father spent the next 4 hours at the ER wherein it was determined the gnarly looking arm was just that and simply needed a couple more days to return to normalcy.  We'll count that as a roundabout obnoxiously procured blessing. 

 Also, I nearly managed to blow the house up.  During a no-sleep/no-shower stint.  I don't do well exhausted.  Somehow in the chaos of creating dinner I had wrong appliances resting on wrong-turned-on burners, and the result was a crackling, stinky, gooey, bomb. 
 Pretty awesome.

And speaking of this house.  It is so small.  And I so often feel claustrophobic, certain the walls will swallow up all of the toys and vomit plastic pieces all over my shoes that are shoved in 14 different closets and then they will revolt and trample me to death.
But this house.  That is so small, is also so magical.  When there is happiness it here, it pervades every surface.  Laughter reverberates and cannot be escaped.  Cheerfulness is contagious in this little cottage.  I feel the giggles.  Literally, feel.
 No matter where I am standing or sitting or laying the mood of this home melts into my soul.  
  And so, while I am anxious to actually hear quiet and sequester the sour, I will always treasure our months in this place.
 The kids school turned 100 years old and they celebrated with a Decades Day.  We picked the 80's.  Naturally.  Wherein Linley was convinced no one would ever wear their hair in a high side pony.  Upon me telling her that I in actuality regularly wore my hair in a side pony in that blessed decade, she proclaimed, "You lived in the 1900's??  No wonder you're so old!"
Thanks kid.

 Baby beauty had her six month check-up.  Not remotely close to being on the charts for height (sweet, beastly baby), nearly 18 pounds (86th percentile) and her sweet, teeny tiny little head ranked in the 34th percentile.   That's my girl.
 Many, many movie nights were had as is it still mind-numbingly cold.
And finally, more numming on this delicious little lady.
Not a bad way to spend a March. 

No comments: