Wednesday, December 25, 2013

All is Calm, All is Bright

Wait.  Nothing is calm.  Although, that would be a Christmas miracle for the ages.  Nevertheless...

Last night post nativity, we went to a friends home where we were treated to a meal fit for royalty.  It was dreamy.
Then as the snow began to lightly fall, we headed home so the kids could unwrap their matchy jammies, read some Christmas stories, sing some Christmas carols, and get snuggled in their beds so visions of sugarplums (and/or toys) could start dancing in their heads.
Basically, it was picture perfect.
Allen would even dare say our best Christmas Eve to date.  
He would hear no arguments from me.
Saying good night.
Saying good morning.  At 7:15.  High-fives and fist bumps all around.
We desired an obligatory stair photo, because we actually have stairs worth photographing, but my camera is misbehaving and only my zoom lens is working.  And us smooshed up on the stairs is as good as it is going to get.  
 The kids ran to see what Santa had left them.  I'd say they were pleased.
 Tess is clearly my most (only) even-tempered child.  Bless her.
It most certainly was a merry Christmas.
  A Christmas that felt like home.
And even if my days are rarely calm, I can say with absolution they are bright.
Bless these people and that gospel and this God that make it so.
I am happy.  We are happy.  Life is bright.

1 comment:

The Lovells said...

Its fun to catch up with what is going on with you. I don't know what has happened but I am not on the computer much these days and oh so behind on blogging. Happy New Year! Colette still hopes to live by Ryder again ;) Wish I could visit.