Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Whitewashed

The last two Tuesday's of school were canceled because of "treacherous snow conditions."  Someone is in obvious need of a dictionary, because there was nothing treacherous about it.   Buuutt, we did enjoy the time off.  The kids especially.  They were outside from the time they woke up until the sun went down.     

Eden watching her brother and sisters frolic.  I told her she wasn't allowed.
She was not satisfied with this answer.
 She always wins.
 And hot dog, this girl is a fan.
 And can I just say the absolute best thing about this street is the neighbors.  The homes on each side of us each have four kids as well, and the house across the street has 3.  In fact, there are 26 kids on our street.  In nine homes.  All our kids' ages.  Quite possibly, the best thing to ever happen to these little people.
 And me.  Because unplanned play dates are the only way to play date.  It's how we grew up.  And how I fully intend my children to grow up.  With friends over.  And over at friends.  And all I have to do is yell out my door to bring them home.  
This feels right.
 Also, this weekend we had two 60+ and one 70 degree day.  Taking all the white away.  We call that a Christmas miracle around these parts.

No comments: