Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Decade of Doting


Ten years ago (as of Tuesday) this little boy came into the world and made us a mommy and daddy.  And stretched my heart in ways I didn't know was possible. 
Oh how I adore this manchild.
Which is really no surprise, because he is his father.  In miniature form.
And oh, how I adore his father.
He is smart and witty and kind and responsible and helpful and creative and resourceful and so fun to just sit and talk with.  He really is growing up into this respectable little person, and it is so completely satisfying.
I mean, sometimes I want to punch him in the nose, but, all things considered (see above), that goes with the territory.
 Happy Birthday my Ryder-man.  Thanks for making me a mommy and showing me what it means to love unconditionally.  And refrain from punching other humans in the nose.

I LOVE YOU KID.

**Also, props to the father for getting the boy into an early showing of Spiderman and feeding him a horse-sized dead cow.  You made his life**

No comments: