Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spring Break in Philadelphia: Day Three

Our final day in Philly was my very most favorite day.  And it happened to be Easter Sunday, which made it even more special.  
While walking to our brunch destination, we stumbled upon this picturesque park and took full photographic advantage.

The {someday} happy couple.
 The yo-yos.
 The fabulous(ly good looking) friends.
 We're super angelic.
 We brunched at Nineteen, a most spectacular venue with buffets (yes with an s, they were everywhere, and everything was stupid delicious) that only dreams are made of.  Hello, there was an entire room with only desserts.  And I tried every one.  And then, my friends, I had the puke chills.  And I ate more.
 The kids ate the fanciest meal ever.  I ate my weight in crab legs.  And dang, I want to do it again.
Bonus: We got the party room all to ourselves.  
Pressure-free fine dining?
  Yes, please.

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped for more photo ops.  
Because, listen, the architecture.
 And the oversized game pieces.

 The major benefit of staying at the Four Seasons, as usual, is simply the way they cater to the kids.
In addition to the treat trolley, the toys at check-in and the cookies and milk in their room at bedtime, 
every afternoon they had Easter-themed activities for the kids to participate in. Decorating cookies, Easter crafts, a hot chocolate bar, games, an egg hunt, Easter baskets, and the most exciting: pony rides and live bunnies!!  
My expectations are always high and they never disappoint.  Also, they should probably pay me for this advertisement.
 And of course, there is no visiting Philly without running up a bunch of steps while humming "Eye of the Tiger".  And this statue.  Which I'm sure has some major historical significance (but mostly was in front of the parking lot of the Rocky steps).
Rising up, straight to the top.  Had the guts, got the glory.
 Dear Philadelphia, you may not be shiniest city, but we sure did manage to find your sparkle.

No comments: