Thursday, July 10, 2008

Asilomar

Holy mother it was cold in Monterey. Funny how I forgot that part after spending 12 years of my life there. My dreams of lying on the beach bronzing my body were instantly shattered. Still, we managed one good day at the beach where Allen attempted kite flying and I attempted hypothermia.

Ryder and Uncle Sam frolicking in the Ocean. Mommy and Linley ridiculously in the ocean. Seriously ridiculous. Look, I am even making my "I am a moron" face. It gets worse.
The smart beach goers, Sam, Tiffany and Erika, avoiding the frigid water.
Linley, also more intelligent than myself, quickly chose the sand over the water. Ryder then decided he wanted to join his brainless mother. At first he kept telling me to go deeper. At this point I had zero feeling in my legs, so I obliged. Then we got splashed up to our necks, and he had had enough.
But look at the crystal blue water. It was too beautiful to resist. Other people did agree with me and were out in the water as well. Of course, they had on dry suits. Pansies.
Allen and Ryder with a successful 10-second fly which I expertly captured on camera.
Not pictured: Ryder and myself running back to our room to shower because it was way too cold outside to even think of being able to thaw on the sand. I really never learn.

3 comments:

Mistie said...

I am proud of you for getting in!! I hate cold water! And if i remember from past times, Ryder wasnt fond of the cold water either-- i am proud of him too!! Sounds like a fun time!!

Tricia said...

I remember from another post when you on a beach in Jersey and was in the water and a big wave splashed over you. There must be some special connection that you have with ocean water that they just splash at the chance when you get in the water.

Tricia said...

I remember from another post when you on a beach in Jersey and was in the water and a big wave splashed over you. There must be some special connection that you have with ocean water that they just splash at the chance when you get in the water.