Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Musings

Life is good. Things are smooth sailing. Except that it is raining and the kids are begging to play outside. We just got this swing set before we left. The kids love it. It has made me realize that I need to hire a full-time swing pusher so that I may sit on my lounge chair reading Elle and sipping SmartWater while basking in the sunshine. Also, the neighbors dropped of that yellow speedracer car on Saturday. Ryder thinks it is the coolest thing ever. Doesn't require a swing pusher. Works for me.

In other news, I got called to be the first counselor in the Primary Presidency a couple weeks ago. I am really excited to get to work closely with some awesome women again. Plus, I am a big fan of Primary. And I loved serving with Kristin in the presidency in Dallas, so I am hoping this time it is almost as sweet (obviously nothing can compare to you and me and Lisa and Kim...talk about awesomeness!!). The ward has some serious empty callings right now (Bishopric, Elders Quorum, YM Presidency, Ward Mission Leader, etc...), which is leaving Allen pretty dang nervous. He enjoys his quiet little Financial Clerk calling. We'll see how long it lasts (and I am fully evil laughing right now...sorry babe).
Happy Monday!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

CorayFam said...

I love your swingset!! Can I come over and play. I just got released from being the first counselor in our Ward's Primary Presidency. You will love it. And..Allen should be nervous about those callings..that is what you get when you are a great person!! We miss you guys!!

Stubbart said...

Yeah for Primary! You'll be awesome in there...I can only imagine your fabulous sharing times, teaching the kids about beautiful shoes!

Ward Mission Leader again for Allen? That's my guess!

Sarah Weiss said...

I'm so excited you got a play structure, and the Costco one is awesome. I'm so jealous. Damian and I were going to get one, only to find out they removed them from stock a week ago. Of course, to order them online costs an extra $300 so we are exploring other avenues. Craigslist, maybe? Your kids must be in heaven.
Sorry to hear you were sick in Cali. Right now I've been cooped up in the house for 4 days . . . recovering from . . .

eric and girls said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I agree about the swing pushers, people get paid for walking dogs why not for pushing kids in the swings? Or why can't they be battery operated like a baby swing?

Amy said...

What a fun backyard!! The past 2 financial clerks I've known have been put in presidencies....hm...

Mistie said...

Awesome swingset !! I am jealous. One day, i'll have a nice big yard with a swingset!!! I wish we could come over and play!!! Looks like a fun summer!!! I also wish i could have more moments of reading a nice magazine and sipping a cold beverage. mmmmm that sounds good right now!!! Miss you guys!

hoLLy said...

that looks like a super duper fun swingset. i would love to swing on it. seriously. how about i live with you and become your full-time swing pusher? you just have to allow me to swing on it at night when everyone is sleeping. okay, i am laughing at myself right now. its late. i am pathetic.