Monday, July 21, 2008

The Princess Monkey Turns Two!!

Linley Bo Binley turned two today. Strange, because it feels like she has been roaming this Earth for much longer. In fact, today felt like it lasted about 10 years. Granted, we did take her binky away on Friday and she has yet to forgive OR forget. Holy mother I have never heard so much screaming in my life. I digress. My little princess is two.

Opening presents was not her primary concern this year. She was far more interested in loading up the bags and wearing them as her purse.
Until the giant My Little Pony came out. She ate that thing up. Which I was a little concerned about because it kind of gives me nightmares.

My masterpiece. I think this might have been my favorite birthday cake creation yet. Mostly because it was completely fast and brainless.
Ryder handled "Linley's Day" very well. He even surrendered toys when she asked (screamed) for them. He is getting so big and mature, my little monkey man.
She had a difficult time blowing out the candle. Hello, there was only one. She was freaked out by the flame. Just wait until November when daddy turns 30!! Can we say inferno??
That's my girl!!


Happy Birthday Linley. You are such an amazing and breathtaking child. It really is hard to believe that my fully potty-trained, speaking in full sentences, shoe-obsessed princess is just barely two. We love you Linley Brooke!!


14 comments:

Amy said...

I loved this post. LOVED IT. The combination of frosting, smiles, and descriptions of 3 full feet of screams just made me smile from ear to ear! Happy Birthday Linley!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday to Linley! She is so beautiful, just like her Mamma.
Way to go on the cake as well! (:

CorayFam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINLEY!! I think your get your shoe obesession from your mother. LOL You are so beautiful!! Cant wait to meet you SOMEDAY!!

Megan said...

What the heck? Miss I ONLY do birthday blogs for my parents. BUT I also happen to them for my brother, Elliot and my daughter who can't even read or appreciate the thought. Why do you keep burning me? WHY?

eric and girls said...

Happy Birthday Linley. I really like the cake, I think you should email me the directions so I can make it for one of Hailey's parties this weekend. Good job having her fully pottied train before 2.

Naomi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINLEY! I think the cake is absolutely adorable! Looks like a fun birthday for her and I agree the BIG my little pony is a little freaky but at least she loves it. :)

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Linley. I can't believe you are two already. It just seems like yesterday we were cooing at you at Poppy's.

Stubbart said...

Holy cow, she's already 2? That means you guys have been gone for almost 2years from beautiful Lantana! I can't believe it!

The cake is gorgeous! Tell me how to make it...I'm all about fast and easy!

jessica said...

Happy Birthday Linley!!! She is so beautiful! I love the cake. Please post on This Mama.

Maile said...

Happy birthday, Linley!! That cake is absolutely amazing!

Jenny said...

Great job on the cake. Very chic!

hoLLy said...

gosh, i have slacked at checkin out your blog girl! please forgive me! since you went private, i forgot about ya:) it doesn't pop up on reader and i need to remember that. anyhoodle, linley looks so big! she is like this little girl now and not a baby. and of course she is gorgeous as ever. i'm proud of you you got her potty trained before she turned two. thats an accomplishment!

hoLLy said...

oh and happy birthday linley!!!

Mistie said...

What a beauty she is. Her hair is getting so luscious and long and such a pretty color. She looks adorable...really. I cant believe she's two either. I remember 1 month old bald Linley that Vilma tried to help save b/c you werent feeding her enough!! Oh the memories. I am really impressed with the cake. Oh, and i am also impressed that she loves shoes and purses like you do!! HOW SWEET!! HAPPY BDAY LINLEY!