Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Finale

Sunday was our last night at Asilomar, which I wonderfully spent puking my guts out, and other things. I will spare the details, but will just say that it was the most gruesome and awful event of my entire life. This is no exaggeration. Then Monday morning we met our good friend from college, Brian and his beautiful wife Hilary and absolutely adorable little boy Brennan for breakfast. Okay, well they all ate. I just sat there. Sad. Do you people know how much I like breakfast?? Talk about depressing.
Then we headed back to Granite Bay where I slept the day away and Allen ate sushi. Sad. Do you people know how much I like sushi? Talk about depressing.
Tuesday, after missing our flight then getting re-routed, we got back home at 2 am. I had to wake Linley up from her nap yesterday, figuring that going longer than 5 hours and 15 minutes may be a bit exorbitant. Today we are less hung over and cookies are in the oven and an afternoon at the pool after naps is planned. It was a fabulous vacation, but dang, it feels good to be home.

At the end of our flight the pilot let Ryder go sit in the Captain's seat. Have you ever seen anything cuter??

A big fat huge thanks to everyone, Andrea and Don especially, for making this trip so perfectly wonderful!! We are excited to do it again in two years.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like your vacation was jam-packed and tons of fun. Kudos for going to a family reunion. Did you have the stomach flu or something or was that just one of the fabulous results of going to family reunions? :)

Audrey said...

I love your new, summery family picture at the top. So cute.

CorayFam said...

What a fun trip!! I want to go on a week long vacation..except the whole puking thing. I think that is the WORST illness to deal with. You have such a cute fam...I miss you. I promise we will get to New York one of these years!

Mistie said...

Are you kidding me?!! I have never heard of ANYONE being allowed in the cockpit!! that is so awesome. How fun Ryder can talk about that for years!! And sorry you were sick...what a pain. I hate throwing up like that. And also, i know what it feels like to be "back home." I am waiting to feel that way again...when we actually have a place that we call "home!" Miss you guys!! Glad to see you are having a fab summer!

Tricia said...

That is so cute of Ryder. Does he now want to be an airplane pilot?

Naomi said...

Ryder must have been the happiest kid ever at that moment! Very cute picture and sorry to hear that you were sick. That is the worst when you are sick and you aren't in your own home and bed. Hope you are feeling much better now. Glad you all had a fun time!

amanda. said...

what?! how did ryder get invited in? thats never happened to me...and im far better looking.

anyways, cute.

and you would drink smartwater.