Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter is Fun

Okay, so truth be told, I loathe dying eggs. I find it to be a futile and only mediocrely fun experience...which does not cancel out the mess made, the eggs wasted, and the nasty smell the accompanies a cracked, half-chewed, spit out hard-boiled egg. But, Allen was bent on doing it this year, so I didn't really have a choice but to oblige. So here the kids are, in their egg dying glory. I think they enjoyed themselves. Linley just really wanted to drink the dye because she was convinced I was lying to her and it really was kool-aid. Gross. 

Then while the monkeys were taking the naps, the Easter bunny came, bringing them these fabulous scooters (which myself and the Easter bunny highly recommend), and a bunch of chocolate. Then my camera died, but I promise a riveting Easter egg hunt followed. Indoors, of course because it was frigid and pouring outside. Wonderful.
 
Easter Bunny on Saturday may be the best idea ever. Thanks Andrea for suggesting it. Saturday is tons of fun and Sunday is less stressful and far more spiritual. Genius woman!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mistie said...

Love the easter outfits. And really like the idea of saturday easter stuff to leave sunday for spiritual. and how fun your kiddos got scooters! Your belly is adorable too.
what you naming your girl? or is it under strict secrecy?
miss you guys!!

Sarah Weiss said...

I love that idea too. It's pure genius!

hoLLy said...

hap hap happy easter! i love that linley thought the egg dye was kool-aid. i would've told her it was. cuz that how us mean moms roll:) haha.

Maile said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way about dying Easter eggs. I just couldn't bring myself to do it this year. Actually, my kids had a pretty lame Easter since we were out of town most of the weekend - but the cool thing is that they didn't know it was lame because I guess they don't know about the Easter bunny?? Not a conscious decision, but it did make things easier this year.

Naomi said...

I HATE dying eggs too. I'll do it but I don't like it. Love your kid's scooters. They looks so ready for some great weather, don't you think?!