Monday, April 6, 2009

Rotten Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday we thought we would be good, festive parents and take our kids to the town's Easter Egg hunt.  It was a miserable disaster.  A few reasons why:
1. It was fully freezing.  I just want an Egg Hunt where my kids can actually dress for Spring.  Is that so wrong??
2.  Within .387 seconds the hunt ended.  Most kids had zero eggs.  Big kids had millions.  My kids got 5 each.  This made me proud because I knew they had to fight for everyone of them
3.  Five eggs was not enough for the 4-year old, and a full-on tantrum of depression and all the unfairness of the world ensued.
4.  I have been sick ever since.

So...just in case I never take the monkeys egg hunting again, here is proof that once upon a time I was a good mommy.

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is so sad! How about an indoor easter egg hunt this weekend so that they can feel fulfilled as preschoolers?

Kim said...

They didn't even set it up to let the little kids get a few minutes head start? That's messed up!

Lacey said...

I was fully expecting to hear about REAL stinky rotten eggs! Well that would've really been bad. Just let them know how lucky they are! Miss your smiley face girl!

amanda. said...

HAHAHAH. look at ryders face. that is awesome.

why dont you ever call me?

Mistie said...

OH BOY!! I so remember not too long ago the hunt from last year. Froze our rears off then too. I agree that Easter should be sunshiney and toasty warm!

I miss you guys!!!
Let us know if you are ever in our neck of the woods...
Happy Easter!

Naomi said...

I too love Ryder's face. I think it says it all! LOL. You definately are a good mommy for taking them, it was waaaayyyyy too cold on the weekend!