Thursday, August 7, 2008

All About Allen

You have probably noticed I don't post much about the life of the hubster. I am not allowed. This confident man is also a humble one and prefers me not parade his proficiencies over the internet. But, I am going to do so now because there is a lot to say about this sexy beast.

First off- Wall Street is pretty crappy right now. The market sucks. We are all aware of this. Over 40,000 bankers and other finance folks are unemployed. Allen, being the rock star that he is, had no fear of losing his job, but was convinced that bonuses were going to be down to nothing, and he was completely bored at work. Allen doesn't do well bored, so he began looking elsewhere. And he received two offers. Two. Among the over 40,000 looking. Such a stud. One was with Sterling Stamos (the guy who owns the Mets) and the other with Citibank. After some serious prayer and fasting, we concluded that Citi was the place for us. So, yesterday Allen gave his notice (quite happily I might add) to Standard and Poors and in two weeks will begin work as a Vice President, Account Manager in the Fixed Income Analytic Division of Citi's Markets and Banking Sector. I am really excited for him and for us. Our family is so blessed to have him at the head. Did I mention he was also sexy.

Secondly- As if starting a new job isn't exciting enough....Allen just got called as Young Men's President for the Short Hills Ward. I know he will be phenomenal. Allen doesn't know how to do anything but excel. This is a true statement. He really is a rockstar.

And lastly I just want to reiterate what an absolutely amazing husband and father he is. These past few weeks, while work has been slow and he has been able to spend more time at home, I have fallen in love with him all over again. These kids can't get enough of him. And he is so patient and playful with them. He is so sweet and gentle with his little girl. She is his little leach when he is around. She goes everywhere daddy goes, holding on to his pant leg with her tenacious little grip. I am jealous at the constant hugs and kisses she showers upon her daddy. She is always smiling and laughing when daddy is around. And when he's not, she is repeatedly asking when he will be. At bedtime Allen puts Ryder down and I take care of Linley. Except now, every night, Linley says to me, "Daddy no Ryder bed. Daddy Linley bed. Mommy Ryder bed." Rude child. Daddy is Ryder's best friend. They do everything together. Work in the garage, fix things around the house, go to Home Depot, play video games. Allen genuinely loves this boy and Daddy is Ryder's hero. He has so much respect and admiration for his daddy, and his daddy so obviously feels the same way about him. I have also treasured watching him lead our household with his unbelievable faith and strength as we strived to arrive at the decision for which job opportunity to accept. His relationship with his Heavenly Father is something I so admire. He is such a rock (in addition to rock star), which made this somewhat stressful path to decision a pleasure, as we were able to grow closer together as a couple, as a family, and mostly with our Heavenly Father.

So congrats sexy hubster, and thanks for being such a dreamy hunk of studliness.

Seriously, why do I get to be such a lucky girl??
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

CorayFam said...

Congrats Allen. I am exicted for you both. You guys are an amazing and wonderful family!! You both are great examples and strengths to so many. You guys rock!!

Amy said...

Wow, a new job---that is great! Erica, have you ever stalked seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com ?

It is HILARIOUS. Spend some time exploring this girl's posts. I think you'll get a kick out of it. :P

Tricia said...

Congrats Allen, So does this mean that everybody who has a citi card can get there interest lowered?

Jenny said...

And I thought Allen was just another pretty face! That's really great news. I think change is always exciting.

Megan said...

My friend Allen, woohoo. Maybe now he will have more time to leave you behind and come visit us again!

Sarah Weiss said...

Yeah! That is awesome, and I hope that means a pay increase! More shopping for Erica, and maybe your new desired kitchen?!
I will send you pictures of me in a month or so. The swelling is still going down, so I look very much the same (except the profile :-)

hoLLy said...

congrats allen! he is a stud:) i am so happy for your family and all of your successes in life! you deserve it fo shizzle.

Naomi said...

That is so exciting! Way To Go Allen! Make sure to congratulate him for us!

Mistie said...

Congrats on the job!!! You know you have daycare now if you need to shop one day- drop the kidlins off to the office and shop your heart out!
Keep in touch!