Monday, August 25, 2008

Life's A Beach

Saturday we headed to the beach with some friends, Brad and Melissa of Sugar City Journal (yes, I am that cool to know her awesomeness) and their adorable kids. It was the perfect beach day. The water was warm, the kids were happy, and the sun was shining!
The last couple of times we have gone beaching, Ryder has managed to muster the courage to face the waves. He lets his dad take him neck deep, and considering these boys' previous beach (non)adventurousness, that is dang impressive!!Allen and Brad even got in some body surfing. So what if I stink at taking pictures. I was being splashed by waves myself OK.
I can't believe summer is rapidly coming to an end. I am not ready for falling leaves and dipping temperatures. Oh depression.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love Linley's fat gut. It reminds me quite a bit of myself in a bikini. Unfortunately, I am not a cute toddler. Oh the tragedies.

Tricia said...

What a fun way to start the end of summer. I'm jealous of the beach.

Amy said...

too fun. I already miss the beach, even though summer isn't quite over yet. BAAH.

CorayFam said...

OH I WISH I COULD GO TO A BEACH!! I am jealous.

Naomi said...

LOVE the shore! I keep telling Chad that we need to get down there at least one more time before summer is up. I mostly love that Chad is there to play with the kids while I soak up the sun! LOL.

hoLLy said...

i'm so ready for summer to be over. the blasted dallas heat is making my brain melt! our winters aren't half as bad as yours, so thats why. i don't have as much to dread.