Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taggalicious

Allen is at mutual (HA!) and the kids are asleep, so I can finally get to this tag that I have been slacking on for a while.

Sparkle Karly (whose blog is private so I won't bother linking) tagged me. I'm supposed to name 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random/surprising facts about myself, then tag 3 people. Here goes:

Joys
(I am veering off of the obvious children and husband)
1. Playing games around the kitchen table with my brothers and sisters and dad in Georgia (while mother, who refuses to join, slaves in the kitchen whipping up some sort of devilish dessert). It is a slice of heaven.
2. Girls. I don't think I really appreciated the value of a fabulous girlfriend until I was married. Now I yearn for the friendship, companionship, enrichment, insight and on and on and on I get from these relationships. I so desperately love and treasure my mother, sisters and girlfriends close enough to be considered sisters.
3. A heated pool and lots and lots of sunshine. Enough said, really.

Fears
1. Bridges. I have addressed this many times. Flashes of flying off the bridge and figuring out how I will rescue both of my strapped-in children while getting out of the car and getting them both up and out of the water to safety strangles me as I drive as quickly as possible over those suckers. I am generally in tears by the end if there is traffic. Retarded brain of mine.
2. Disease, any really, but most specifically cancer. In myself, Allen, a family member and mostly in my children. I don't' think I am strong enough to cope with something of that magnitude.
3. My house catching on fire in the middle of the night and the fire alarms not working. Then going through the same scenario as the bridge. Perhaps this is a reason I get little sleep at night. Further, perhaps I need therapy. Rescue 9-1-1 as a child ruined me with the fire thing. Thanks for letting me watching it parents. You will be paying for the therapy if deemed necessary.

Goals
1. Have all of my closets organized by the end of 2009. Yes, this is a strangely long-term goal, but we have to rebuild every single closet, and I don't do well under pressure.
2.
Finish reading New Testament by January 1. So far, so good.
3.
Have meaningful Family Home Evenings weekly and read to Ryder for 15 minutes nightly. I suppose this means less time on the blog. Perhaps I need to reconsider this one :)

Current Obsessions/Collections
1.
Pie. I always want pie. Always. Hello. Not even pregnant. This is bad, very bad.
2.
Scarves. I sometimes even find myself venturing to the scarf section before the shoes. What?
3.
Getting Ryder the perfect backpack. Who honestly cares about a 4-year old's backpack? I just get these things in my head and I can't let them go. He needs the perfect size, the perfect color. Plain, but not too plain. Classic but not boring. Young, but not childish. I have shopped for weeks for the perfect one and I have yet to find it. Probably because it doesn't exist. And now I am considering settling. Settling? I am not picking out a husband for craps sake. Still, I have scoured every mall and website my brain can muster. I seriously disturb myself.

Random/Surprising Facts
1.
I have NEVER had a boob job. Seriously. Very surprising, I know.
2.
I love freckles. They are so youthful and charming and full of personality. I sometimes stare at my shoulders because they are freckly and I think they are cute. Sadly, my nose freckles have melded into a giant freckle blob and thus aren't nearly as cute, and my cheek freckles seemed to not appear this summer. Jipped. I am waiting for the day when Ryder wakes up with his cheeks lightly dotted. Still nothing. Double jipped. And if you have freckles, I have probably stared longingly at you, and made you feel uncomfortable. I really can't help it. They draw me in. It's an uncontrollable fact.
3.
I pierced my tragus in college (look it up). I really loved it. President Hinckley, my father, and my boyfriend (who later became my husband) made convinced me to remove it. Sometimes I look in the mirror and miss it. Then I see my monkeys and realize the pain such a thing would cause, and I instantly understand President Hinckley, my father, and now husband were/are geniuses.

These tags really are not good for my image.


I am tagging 3 Dallas ladies:

Sexy Woman Love (Kristin),

Bambi(Cinta),

and the ever beautiful Lacey.

6 comments:

hoLLy said...

ahhh, you love freckles! i love you too.

Amy said...

oh my gosh, I have the same fear about driving on a bridge and veering/crashing into the water and having to save everyone in the car! So I put boxcutters in the door holders on the driver and passenger side, and now I don't freak out about it as much because I know I can cut our seatbelts off at least for more leverage to kick out the windshield and swim to the surface.

eric and girls said...

I could keep you entertained all day with the mass amounts of freckles I have. I must brag and say I got my summer dose of them this summer as well as my girls. Good luck to Allen and his new adventure!

Kim said...

I know tags are annoying, but I find them incredibly entertaining, so thanks for delving into the depths of the soul for my enjoyment. Also, I saw the comment on my FHE board post and actually I know you can do it (trust me if I can do it, ANYONE can!) Did you see that even my mother called me challenged in the craft department. I am such an embarrassment. Anyways, the FHE board is just a 24"x6" unfinished MDF board that I sanded and then painted with acrylic paint. After about 3 coats, I acheived the look that I wanted and then I applied the vinyl-lettering (there are tons of LDS vinyl-lettering websites). I drilled the holes with a 3/7 drill bit. I painted the wooden knobs and the hearts and applied the vinyl-lettering names to the hearts. Then I drilled a hole in each heart. I sprayed the board and hearts with the Glossy Finishing spray and then tied ribbon onto the hearts. It was pretty easy and relatively inexpensive ($25) since a group of us did it. Now I at least have one thing that looks crafty that I can say I did and not have it look like a 3 year old could have done a better job.

Stubbart said...

Don't you hate it when your husband and father are both right, and even at the same time?

Thanks a bunch for tagging me...I always need a reason to talk about myself! :) Hmmm, I guess I can't pretend I didn't read your blog and see that now, can I?

Oh, and I LOVE your comments on my blog about what to say to people! And Evan loved Allen's comment (and will probably use it next time he hears someone say "You must have your hands full!."

AND, congrats to Allen on the new job and the new calling (ha ha!).

Sarah Weiss said...

Oh, my goodness. I was laughing hestarically over this. You are the funniest person I know.