Monday, August 4, 2008

Heavenly Heels


Perhaps this post is pathetic, but Linley is sick and my day is blah and this makes me happy. Not surprisingly to most, I enjoy a great pair of heels. Heck, I enjoy an ungreat pair of heels. Some people think this strange, since I am already a fairly tall girl. But I enjoy heels for large variety of reasons:
I think they make my legs look longer and more shapely. This makes me feel sexier, which I never think is a bad thing.
I have really awful posture until I throw on my heels. Back straightened, chest out, head up.
I walk with more confidence...until I trip, but that is beside the point.
My feet don't tire in heels. In fact, I find heels to be more comfie that most flats. I feel this makes me special. I like to feel special.
A great pair of heels makes an outfit. Even just a white t-shirt and jeans goes from grocery store to hot date by simply adding a pair of heels.
I have a strange obsession with being taller than men. I really, really like being taller than men. It is a powerful feeling. I like power.
These puppies make me taller than the hubster, which is a rare treat and reason alone to pay the way too much money that I did for the suckers. That's a 5 inch heel folks. Pure beauty.
Now if only I could find a pair to make my taller than my father....
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

CorayFam said...

You never have blah posts! I go to your blog almost everyday cause I love to hear what you have to say! You are awesome and those shoes ROCK! I would wear them...

CorayFam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stubbart said...

You crack me up! I hate wearing heels, but wish I enjoyed them the way you do (and look as great as you do in them)! I only wear them when completely necessary. I do not constitute the grocery store as being necessary.

Audrey said...

I can't believe that you are more comfortable in heels than anything else. That does make you special. FIVE inch heels??? Whoa!

Kim said...

Hey whatever gets you through the day, right?!? I love how fabulous you are.

Amy said...

Heels must give you the confidence that they strip away from other tall women. For example, I am 5'8 and I hated wearing heels on dates in college because I was afraid that if I was taller than the guy I was with then he'd be able to look up my nose. Not sure why that was my fear... :p

hoLLy said...

i can't walk in heels. i just look hilarious. how do you learn this skill? am i just a clutz? or very uncoordinated? i wish you lived nearby so you could show me how its done.

Naomi said...

Those shoes are insane!!! You still standin' girl?! LOL.