Thursday, September 4, 2008

Parrtaay....I mean, Pre-School

Today was the big day for the four-year old monkey of the household. He has been so excited to start school, really, for the past two years. Today I was able to spend the day with him, and he was in complete heaven. He loves his classroom, he is already making friends, and his teacher, Mrs. Shire is delightful. He also has 2 aides in his classroom, so there is no shortage of attention for the kids (all like 10 of them). We started off the day with the usual morning routine, then went to a little breakfast party (that was a celebration for mommy's getting some freedom back, but I successfully spun it as a party for Ryder's first day of school...way to go me for making it all about him). Then we dropped off Linley at the sitters and I took Ryder to pick up a happy meal at Old McDonalds (he refuses to call it anything different), and off to school we went. I will proclaim this a perfect first day of school. Let us only hope that Monday is no different, and to be honest, this is Ryder we are talking about; the worlds foremost social butterfly. I am not worried.





I am so proud of you little man! You are such a smartie and you'll be the best pre-schooler ever.

*And it is 93 degrees today. Makes total sense now that the pool is closed.

11 comments:

Tricia said...

I hope your first day of pre-school was fun.

Amy said...

What a big day---we're not really old enough to have preschoolers right??

Stubbart said...

Yeah for preschool! Enjoy each and every moment with your newfound freedom!

Naomi said...

The picture of him with his happy meal is my favorite! He's a total CHEESE! Love it!

hunsaker family said...

Dude, I'm pretty sure that if Jonny and Ryder knew each other they would be best friends. I love that 1st pic of him. Is he yelling at you?

Karly said...

You make me laugh every time I read your blog. Congrats to Ryder.. he looks great... backpack and all!

Love, Karly

hoLLy said...

he looks so cute and growup already! i have no doubt he will do splendidly in preschool. from your blog posts, i can tell he is a very smart little guy. of course he is-hes got a smart little mama!

Mistie said...

Hooray for preschool! enjoy your somewhat free time!!

eric and girls said...

Yay for pre-school. I am so for it. Just wait until they are both in public schools, it's so exciting. Then you find out you are expecting. Oh well. Thanks for the birthday wish!

amanda. said...

oh my freaking huge. thats outrageous.

ps dad said i might come to nyc for thanksgiving!!!! AHHH cant wait!

Kim said...

Yea Ryder! Glad you had an awesome 1st day!