Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Hooplah

It is no secret that I am not Halloween's biggest fan. That being said, I have tried my best to make the most of if for the monkeys. Plus it has been rainy, so at-home projects seemed fitting. And no, I will not complain about the seemingly non-stop rain (ok...no rain today), because rain means it is not cold enough for snow. Rejoice.
Project #1: making our very own candy corn cookies. That there are some candy corns I can sink my teeth into (and yes, Linley is wearing her jammies in the middle of the day. I swear she was dressed. Twice.).
Project #2: Decorating pumpkins. Maybe we will end up carving them before Halloween. Maybe not. Regardless of the outcome, these pumpkins will not go faceless.


Why again must Halloween be a two-week celebration? This is no good for anyone's teeth or tummies!!
And why can't my children smile like normal people???
And finally, I fully realize Ryder needs some gel in his hair.

6 comments:

Maile said...

Those are great pumpkins - I never thought of decorating them like that. And I've been wanting to make those same cookies. We'll see if I end up being ambitious enough before Halloween. I like Halloween in some ways - esp. with a daughter that gets so into dressing up - but I'm not a fan either of the nonstop sugar.

Naomi said...

Those pumpkins are the best! The thumb tacks are just too much to tack, hilarious! Very creative I must say. And I agree with the sugar thing, I've been getting ready for a halloween party we are putting on tomorrow and today was the day I did all the sweet stuff and because of my non-stop snacking on it all, I'm so sick to my stomach! I'd like to say thank goodness Halloween is in two days so it's over but then I forget that all the piles from trick-or-treating hang around for awhile!

Naomi said...

ooops, I said too much to tack instead of take. Now that's a pun if I've ever written one and I didn't even mean too! LOL.

Kim said...

I'm with you on Halloween. I mean really, how many times are we expected to dress up our kids in their halloween costumes!?! We did the church party and Avery's school parade and I think that's enough!

Mistie said...

K- i sware Linley has seriously grown up right before my eyes. She looks 12 all of a sudden. her hair is long and beautiful and her face has really matured. WOW! Your kids are big. And Ryder too looks freakin old! What a cute fam. Adn i love the idea of pinning on parts of the face to the pumpkins. What a fun activity! You are so fun Erica!! I can't believe you dont love Halloween! I love the holiday!

amanda. said...

ahha, you totally would.