Saturday, October 31, 2009

Holy Halloween

It's over. Finally. Seriously, I am on Halloween burnout. Let's discuss.
Last Saturday was the ward Halloween party. Chili cook-off and a little trunk-or-treat action that was moved indoors due to massive downpours. Nice beginning. Would have been perfectly content with Halloween ending, right there.
But that was not to be so. This Friday we began our morning with Ryder's kindergarten Halloween party, assembly, and parade. A plethora of cuteness.
Immediately following Ryder's party, we ran over to the Play Group Halloween Party, wherein my children consumed far too many sugar cookies and Reese's peanut butter cups.
Because it was necessary that they sugar-up prior to the downtown Millburn Trick-or-Treating that immediately followed the Play Group Party.
Came home and napped. Then spent the rest of the day telling children they could not have just one more piece of candy.

Then came today. Actual Halloween day. Good thing we already had already collected over 5 pounds of candy. I would hate for my children to feel deprived.
This afternoon we all loaded up and Trick-or-Treated in downtown Summit. This I have to admit I love, but only because I love discovering my downtown. There are so many fun boutiques and quaint restaurants that I promise myself I will frequent.


Then we came home and napped. Then we went to another party at a friend's house. Then the kids did their last and final Trick-or-Treating for 2009 around our neighborhood, in the rain. And came home drenched with tummy aches. May they please sleep soundly tonight.

A few notes: Yes, Linley is wearing many different costumes. None of which are her actual costume, which is pictured in the above post. Love that girl.
Tessa is not dressed up in a costume. She was in her little cozy warm fleecy thing. That just happens to have ears. So I guess she could be in costume. It doesn't matter.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Linley cracks me up. She sounds just like Edyn. That girl kept changing costumes every 5 minutes. Maybe it's my fault for having so many. What can I say, post halloween sales are awesome!

Amy said...

Erica you look like a model in that picture. Like the pictures of moms pushing strollers and the mom looks way too cute and fab to be the 'actual' mom of the baby in the picture. WHERE are your birthing hips girl??