Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Best

My favorite part of graduation, which was actually termed "Kinder Move-Up Day," but whatever, was the singing.
The kids started with "This Land is My Land" followed by "You're a Grand 'Ole Flag" each song chalk full of gestures.
The concluding song, however, was the absolute best thing I have ever heard. I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face (which surely had nothing to do with watching my baby boy grow up right before my eyes).
The Lyrics
(you may need to live in Summit to fully appreciate the fabulousness of this one)

I've Gotta Feelin'
That 1st Grade's Gonna be a fun time...
Today's the day
Let's Graduate
We can count by 2's now
2-4-6-8
Give me some breakfast
Or cooshie pens
Make lots of playdates
On the Weekends
I know we'll miss Wilson School
If we get sad, we'll visit and it will be cool
I can read
I can write
Now I just want to go
To the Magic Fountain for ice cream cones
Time to grow up
Okay, now great
Pick up my own clothes
Clean off my plate
First clean our rooms
Or maybe not
We're moving up to first grade
We've grown a lot
Let's move it...
I've gotta feelin'
That 1st grade's gonna be a fun time...

No comments: