Monday, June 16, 2008

Erica the Modern June Cleaver

So there are rare moments on rare days where I feel like I am doing pretty decent as a wife and mother. This afternoon was one of those prized moments. The kids were at the dining table happily rolling out their Play-Doh while I was in the kitchen rolling out my homemade egg noodles for tonights chicken noodle soup and checking on my rising loaves of bread. There are few things sweeter in life than having all the dinner food prep done before 4 pm. My world does not get any more picturesque than this. Oh, except for the fact that the cops came by this morning to check on our household as someone had dialed 9-1-1 and hung up from our location. Which still seems strange to me since little Linley and I were playing in her room and Ryder was watching a movie and the phones hadn't been touched. Still, that will make for some great neighborhood stories I am sure. "Did you see that police car parked outside of the Zimmerman's this morning......" Fabulous!

My rustic egg noodles
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Amy said...

I seem to recall a few episodes where the cops showed up at the Cleaver household...

Tricia said...

I'm so glad to be back into the cyberspace of the zimm fam. I was lost there for a minute. Now knowing that Linley is potty trained, you've kissed a movie star, and now June Cleaver, I can only imagine what is next instore for you. I can't wait for the next entry. OH- I just got word today that Anthony is in Queens, is that anywhere near you? Probably not since your in well I won't say for fear the cops showing up again.

hoLLy said...

homemade noodles even? you make me sick. :)

isn't it fun to be june cleaver? i feel like that maybe once a year. its a grand feeling. enjoy your dinner-it sounds fabulous! i still can't get over the fact that you make your own noodles. i feel like a crap wife now.

Mistie said...

I need to take lessons from you. You have it together girlfriend!! I am being serious too. You go girl!

Naomi said...

Yummmmmm! I love your homemade chicken noodle soup! Yup, I am totally on the opposite end of the scale from you today. Here it is almost 5:30pm and I don't even have a dang thing prepared for dinner or to make it worse, I have no idea what to even make! Looks like lean cuisine for me and mac and cheese for the kids. NO June cleaver in my house! LOL.

amanda. said...

your blog is really hard for me to access. maybe because i always think its zimfam, but nonetheless...wears me out.

can you teach me how to get a pretty background?

i want some rustic egg noodles. and i need to see ryder and lynnlee before they start thinking im dead. ship them my way?

Maile said...

You are so impressive!! I can sometimes accomplish one of the things you did but play-doh and homemade noodles on the same day? Wow!! I love homemade noodles in chicken noodle soup - seriously one of my favorite comfort foods.