Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pool Daze

Whenever I hear the words, "community pool," gonorrhea infested waters immediately enter my mind. Then summer hit us pretty hard a couple weeks ago and I realized I would do anything to keep the children cool and entertained. So, the family joined the Summit Aquatic Center. Holy mini-water park. No STDs floating here. Well, probably there is, but it is too much fun to care. There is a humongous pool with two awesome water slides, and then the most fantastic kiddie pool I have ever seen. It was perfect. I feel completely ready and excited for summer. The kids were in heaven. Equally. We seriously live 4 minutes away from sun-shiny bliss. I might get a tan this year after all. This place just keeps getting better and better.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Maile said...

That place looks absolutely incredible!! We just barely found a cool place here, too. Unfortunately it's closer to a 24 minute drive than 4 minutes. Ah, well. It's worth to see pure bliss on the kids' faces and to spend hours having fun!

Audrey said...

I love the public pools all over AZ. It's $1 for kids and $2 for adults and they are awesome. Plus, you can buy punch cards which make it even cheaper. I don't want the maintenance of my own pool, so this is the best way for me.

Tricia said...

Looks like a fun adventure. Happy memories.

hoLLy said...

that place looks awesome! we have a few mini-splash parks here, but nothin too great unless we want to drive far to a "waterpark" like hawaiian falls or hurrican harbor which we haven't done yet. great pics!

Mistie said...

That pool looks awesome!! i think you guys mentioned that ppool to us and how it was exclusive or something?!!! Anyway- glad you gave in and got a membership. They need more pools like that - that have different options for all ages!! Dont you just love summer?!!