Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bracketology of Erica

March Madness has officially begun. This makes me happy. Each year most members of the fam (and this year even those that are members via marriage) take part in the Tourney Challenge on ESPN. We speak more to each other during these two and half weeks than we generally do in months- touting are wins and mourning our losses. I am generally a sucker for the underdog. Elliot is always the ballsy one. Dad plays it safe with a few strange choices thrown in, usually schools he feels some sort of kinship toward. Amanda's picks are determined by BYU's schedule. If a team beat the Cougs, Amanda has them losing immediately. Last year I got slaughtered. Zero teams in the final four. Brutal. I haven't won since 2004, which apparently does not count since Elliot was on his mission at the time. Last year Elliot cleaned house. Who will come off victorious this year???
Who made it to your Final Four? Who takes it all? I've got UNC, Pittsburgh, UCLA, and Kansas, with UCLA as my big winner. We'll see what happens......

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like your Dad and I are similar when we do our brackets. Since I'm not a huge basketball fan, for the most part, I pick the safe teams, but I am always standing behind my Tennessee teams so my final 4 are Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Memphis, and Belmont. I know, Belmont is out, but they almost pulled off the upset over Duke. Darn you Blue Devils! I have Memphis and Tennessee playing for the Championship and Tennessee taking it all!!! GO VOLS!!!

Caseyfam05 said...

That sounds so funny, you would make a good announcer. By the way, pic if up........I'll post new ones every 6-8 weeks!!!
xoxo,
"Buckwheat"

Tricia said...

I would totally chalk up the win in 2004 it wasn't your problem that he was conveniently on a mission for your win. That was purely his choice. In which, you won at.