Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy 50th Shout-Out

This weekend commemorated 50 years since the organization of the Monterey, California Stake. My grandpa, James Newton Wallace, Jr., served as the first Stake President here. This was my home stake for 12 impressionable years of my life. My parents were able to spend the weekend celebrating in Monterey with many old friends and family and friends that were close enough to be family. Happy 50th Monterey California Stake!! I know grandpa and grandma were smiling down from Heaven for this one!!

4 comments:

hoLLy said...

how cool is that? to have your grandpa be the first stake president of a stake is just really rad. i hope your parents and other family members are having fun celebrating!

Jenny said...

The word Preggers is okay, mostly because I have a problem actually spelling "pregnant". The words "Wednseday", and the month of "February" always elude me as well so I always abbreviate.
I know you use the word kiddos, but I like you so much it doesn't even irritate me

eric and girls said...

They sure would be smiling down. What a legacy they left. But I do miss them.

hunsaker family said...

west side 'til we die, baby!