Sunday, March 23, 2008

Exhausting Easter

This household is tired and suffering from a chocolate hangover that seems to be satisfied only by more chocolate. We were all grumpy this morning (not helped by the fact that Linley grabbed the hot curling iron before church, blistering her poor little hand), and even more grumpy when we got home from church. So instead of taking fabulous family photos and cute kid pictures in their sweet new duds, I shoved them in their jammies and threw them in their beds while Allen and I took pictures of ourselves. Quite Easterly I say.


The hubster will be irate that I chose to post this one instead of one where he is showing off his pearly whites, but I am feeling the model-esque theme here (started by Ryder in the previous post).Vanity volume. Seriously, my hair is always as flat as other parts of my body and today it actually maintained some poof. I need a moment.



Happy Easter everybody. I asked Ryder what was so special about this day during breakfast. His reply, "lots of chocolate and toys, and the Easter Bunny comes like Santa Claus." Don't worry father, we are working on this issue.


7 comments:

Naomi said...

Hmmm, completely understand your Easter Sunday! Didn't go to bed until 1:30am and then Ethan, who couldn't contain his Easter excitment, had us up at 6:30! How do you SMILE to that?! But it was fun seeing how excited the kids were for their Easter Goodies and it helped that Church wasn't until 2pm. Oh, and I still stand strong on my vote for Allen to keep his hair long!

Maile said...

I love your hair, Erica!! Gorgeous! Why did I not talk longer with you at the Easter egg hunt? I remember calling your name and saying hi, but what happened after that? My brain has been so muddled recently. We need to get together. I want to see your beautiful appliances in person!

Audrey said...

You look super cute. I love the curls in your hair.
AND, you seriously had Davidson beating Georgetown???? That wrecked my bracket like you wouldn't believe. Let's just say I had Georgetown beating NC. Agh!

Tricia said...

The web cam I have is a logitech. It has both a microphone and camera combination. I got it at walmart for 24.99. Jeff and bonnie also got there's at walmart for like 20 dollars. They have really come down in price. Just be sure to read the box to make sure it is compatible with yahoo messenger or whatever Messenger you use. Hope this helps. It's really fun to be able to see other family members.

hoLLy said...

i love how you took pics of you and allen instead:) you guys are one stylin pair. happy easter!!(belated i know)

amanda. said...

wow lynnlee looks just like you. insane. ps. i typed in zimmermanfamily.blogspot.com and was in for quite the surprise. i was like wtf happened to my niece. hallelujah for typos.

Stubbart said...

Love the hair volume! And, it looks like Allen is going for the hair volume as well! What a matching, stylish pair!

I want to go on another cruise after I pop this baby out this summer! How does November sound? Want to fly to Galveston to meet us?