Monday, April 21, 2008

Popcorn Popping

This past weekend was gorgeous....verging on hot. We're talking high seventies, low eighties. Not so much this week, but we won't discuss that. So, for four days we went on many walks, spent much time at the park, and sometimes even walked to the park. Allen was so pleased with the weather that on Thursday he came home at 2 to bask and to play. We decided to take a walk to enjoy all of the gorgeousness going on right now. I love walking down our streets. There are so many different blossoms... it is truly beautiful. I feel like I am living in a painting (circa 1961 due to the surrounding architecture).

The magnolia blossoms are my favorite. Although my dad tells me I don't want a magnolia tree because they are a huge dirty pain. Based on the amount of petals I am now seeing on people's lawns, he probably is right. So, I will be content to simply enjoy strolling by them.










It was so much fun to have Allen play with us at the park. The kids love him so much. It is such a treat for me to see them worship him- and to watch him adore them back. I love my life.




Such a perfect day to start off our perfect weekend.

11 comments:

Coray Family said...

You guys are such a darling family!! I serioulsy look at your blog everyday to see what you guys are up to. I miss ya tons!!

hoLLy said...

those trees are absolutely gorgeous! hooray for great weather! such cute pics of the kids and their daddy:) btw, love the new wallpaper on your blog. quite fabulous.

Audrey said...

Those trees are so gorgeous!!! We had one of those yellow ones next to my house growing up. So pretty. I wish it was spring here year round!

Amy said...

I love those blossoming trees, so beautiful!! And Daddy at the park--what a treat :)

Maile said...

Those trees are amazing. And isn't it great when kids and their dad get to connect like that? I love it! It makes my job so much easier - I'm pretty sure Kaia didn't whine a single time all day Saturday just because Peter was here.

Mistie said...

i love when the hubby surprises you with an early day..and how fun that you took advantage of it. i love spring! great pict of the trees!

Mistie said...

i love when the hubby surprises you with an early day..and how fun that you took advantage of it. i love spring! great pict of the trees!

Abby said...

Oh, can I live vicariously through you?? We are getting there but SLOWLY!!

Naomi said...

Love your tree pics. I was trying to take one the other day of some while I was driving home but I guess I was driving too fast. Dang it! Love spring around here with all the tree blossoms and how green it gets. It makes Jersey a little less dirty Jersey. So fun that Allen got to come home early. I love it too when Chad surprises us. It makes for a better afternoon!

Tricia said...

whenever I read your headline the primary song popcorn popping on the apricot tree comes to my head and sings in my head. I love Linley's static hair from the slide.

Tara D. said...

Ah, static, gotta love it! Those pictures of the trees in bloom are gorgeous!