Friday, February 8, 2008

I've Been Tagged....

I've been tagged by Amy and Jess, and here is how this one works.
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the question about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 other people and posts there names. And then leaves a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get the directions.

What I was doing 10 years ago...
I was 16, a junior in high school, and still living in California. I was driving the silver bullet (my sexy '89 Dodge Caravan). I spent most of my free time with Amanda, Scott and Derek and I had my first boyfriend . I busted out my journal for this one and have to include the entry. It was written in December of '98 so it is a little vague on the details but still enjoyable (I will maintain the same emphasis as in my journal). "Brian and I started dating in March. Our first date was a group date and I am pretty sure I was suppose to go out with his younger brother but he showed up instead. This made me really excited because he was a really hot SENIOR. A couple weeks later we had our first kiss. I was totally nervous and I am pretty sure I nailed his chin instead of his lips. How EMBARRASSING!!!" How cute is that?? I was such a sweet, shy, scared little 16 year old. If only that had lasted a little longer. By 17 kissing boys was more of a hobby, like shoe shopping- Something I thoroughly enjoyed, and felt the need to get a new pair often. Luckily for me (and my father who feared his daughter may never settle down) it only took a few years before I found my Jimmy Choo among the sea of Steve Madden's and never needed to shop again (okay, so obviously the analogy stops working there, because while I did find Mr. Perfect, I will never stop needing a new pair of shoes.).

5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1. Get the kids Valentine's all ready.
2. Take the kids to their Valentine Party
3. Fold the Laundry
4. Scrub the house down (on Friday's I allow my OCD to take over)
5. Make a yummy dinner

3 Bad Habits I Have
1. I lack patience
2. I am an incessant shopper
3. I talk way too much way too fast

Places I Have Lived
Indiana: Indianapolis
California: 3 homes in Salinas, 1 summer in Granite Bay
Georgia: Conyers
Utah: Provo (DT, Liberty Square, a house down the street from Lib Square, a basement on Center, and Monaco Court), my grandpa's house in Orem.
Texas: an apartment and a rental house in Corpus Christi, our first real house in Dallas
New Jersey: our apartment at Port Liberte in Jersey City, and our shagadelic sixities home in Summit

Things Most People Don't Know About Me
I could really leave this blank
I am a lip gloss and mascara junkie.
I succeeded in not purchasing anything for myself in January.
I am scared to be in a room of all girls. Females freak me out.
Even though I HATE McCain, I think I will have to vote for him because I really need the Bush tax cuts made permanent and I think pulling out of Iraq would be devastating (this is a very depressing admission for me because I really want to vote for Hillary out of spite).
I am a music junkie. I always have some sort of music playing (specific genres for my specific moods). It makes my days happier.

I tag: Maile, Mistie, Naomi, Holly and Kim

6 comments:

Maile said...

Wow, my first tag! I'm so honored to have it come from you, Erica!! I LOVE the journal story! Young love...such good memories.

Amy said...

what a great post. I don't even read my high school journals because they are so embarrassing to me--I was so dumb! haha. And I get you on the McCain thing. I always said I've vote Obama before McCain, but honestly now that I've done a little more research I think Hillary just might be better than Obama, and I think pulling out of Iraq immediately and raising taxes would be detrimental to this country. Grrrr. Stupid people not voting for Romney to begin with!

Naomi said...

My first tag too! Love your kissing stories. Awww, brings back memories of my own. Man, was I silly back then.

hoLLy said...

thanks for the tag-i'll get on it this week! also, i always love reading about you. you are one fun woman! females freak me out too. i've always liked boys way more:)

Audrey said...

I love to read these details about you. You have such fun little quirks. Some of the stuff I just laugh and relate to and others I just laugh. You're too fun!

hunsaker family said...

Those were the days......not really.